ABOUT THE JOB:
We love what we do. You should too! Do you want to be on the bleeding edge of iOS development, creating apps for the latest iPad hardware using the latest SDKs? Do you love to develop and ship amazing software? Would you like experience working on apps that are successful in the App Store? Our apps are designed, coded, and supported by our small team, so your work and input will influence and shape the future of our company’s products. We do things well, and we don’t cut corners. Call us perfectionists for our beautiful design and our clean code. We’re looking for a skilled, creative, and experienced iOS Developer. This is an opportunity for a developer with strong object-oriented programming experience, attention to detail, and a quest for quality, to contribute to a variety of challenging and cutting edge apps. Our small team encourages collaboration and creativity, and you will have the opportunity to give input on design and development.
ATTRIBUTES WE’RE LOOKING FOR:
- You fell in love with iOS a few years ago and now live, eat and breathe the platform, whether that’s with a focus on Swift or Objective-C.
- Familiarity with iOS specific APIs and demonstrated experience launching production-ready code is a must.
- You have worked on multiple mobile apps, ideally currently available on the App Store.
- You are competent with native frameworks such as UIKit, CoreGraphics, CoreAnimation, and CoreData.
- You are comfortable building universal user-interfaces using code, auto-layout, and size-classes.
- You need to be able to write elegant, readable, and well-documented code.
- You are creative and keen to push forward internal development through participating in sharing knowledge and keeping on top of the latest technologies.
- You have an entrepreneurial attitude that gets high-quality projects done quickly.
- You have an excellent command of written and spoken English.
- You are a team player who loves getting involved in all parts of the development process, collaborating closely in a cross-functional team.
- You are a self-starter and effortless communicator who cares more about solving problems than being right.
- You have a passion for software development, embracing every challenge with a drive to solve it.
- You are up to date with the latest mobile technology and development trends.
- You are self motivated, proactive, and organized.
- You view DubDub as a required pilgrimage.
Since 2010, LIT SOFTWARE has been changing law practice for the better with efficient and reliable iPad apps that harness the best in mobile technology. We are a small South Florida based independent iOS app development company specializing in apps for litigation. With a belief that every lawyer should have the best organization and presentation tools at their fingertips, and that they should be as powerful as they are easy, LIT SOFTWARE developed the award winning TrialPad, TranscriptPad, and DocReviewPad apps, and continues to lead the field of legal app innovation. LIT SOFTWARE’s apps have been used in litigation of all types and sizes, from small pro-bono cases, to complex multi-district litigation with multi-million dollar verdicts. Our apps are used extensively by solo practitioners, Am Law 100 firms, corporate counsel for Fortune 500 companies, state prosecutors, public defenders, the United States Department of Justice, and other government agencies. LIT SOFTWARE has several other apps in different stages of development. Our small team runs the show, without politics, not having to answer to big venture funding. We communicate through Slack, and run our new feature and bug tickets using Pivotal Tracker.
QUALIFICATIONS WE’RE LOOKING FOR:
You love mobile app development. Mobile has already vastly changed the way we work and play, and we believe that it is just getting started. We are a creative team that loves finding elegant solutions to tough problems. We take pride in solving problems that have not been solved before, and not being satisfied until we have got it right. You must be curious, and help us figure out what is working, what isn't working, and why. You must be willing to get into the minds of our users, and have a sound appreciation for simplicity. You must be able to work effectively as part of a team, and individually. Our team is small, but our vision is large. We make decisions and know how to execute. Experience shipping apps on a quick release cycle is a plus. Being on the bleeding edge and taking on tasks you do not know how to accomplish should excite you.
DESIRED SKILLS, OR SKILLS THAT WOULD BE A PLUS:
- Experience writing Objective-C code.
- Experience using SCM (preferably GIT) and defect tracking software (preferably Pivotal Tracker).
- Strong object-oriented programming and design experience.
- Self-motivated, fast learner, detail-oriented.
- Experience using storyboards, layout constraints and size classes.
- Experience writing Swift code.
- Experience with Core Data.
- Experience with Core Graphics.
- Experience with AVFoundation.
- Functional programming experience.
- Graphic design, UI, or UX experience.
- Experience working on commercial projects.
- Currently have apps deployed on the iOS App Store.
- Asynchronous and concurrent programming experience.
- Experience with common web services protocols (HTTP, SSL, REST).
- Minimum of 5 years software engineering experience with a minimum of 1 year in mobile (iOS) development.
- Programming languages: Objective-C (a must), Swift, C.
- Solid understanding of iOS SDK on frameworks such as: UIKit, CoreData, CoreFoundation, etc.
- Advanced object-oriented programming and knowledge of design patterns.
- Experience with Agile, Test Driven, or Behavior Driven Development.
- Strong code refactoring skills.
LIT SOFTWARE offers a competitive base salary with medical insurance benefits, flexible time off, paid company holidays, professional development, and more.
Send an email to email@example.com with your resume and a custom cover letter that includes information about your salary requirements.
LIT SOFTWARE is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE). Applicants are considered for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity and gender expression, disability, or veteran status.